D-Link DNS-323 NAS Enclosure
Appearance & Installation
After unpacking the enclosure, we're left with a big orange sticker on the front explaining how to insert the drives: slide the front bezel up and slide the drives in.
Much like a PC, all of the ports are on the rear of the case. There's an eSATA power port, although I did not test it with a normal eSATA power supply, so don't take my word on this. There's also an ethernet jack and USB port. The enclosure utilizes a gigabit connection to ensure the best transfer speeds over the network, and the USB port is meant for use as a print server. Not only is the device at a network drive enclosure, but also a print server.
For testing purposes, we'll be using two Western Digital WD800JD 80GB SATA II drives. Installation was a snap, as the drives simply slide in to the enclosure. Should I need to remove one, I can follow the instructions on the back of the box. All I need to do is pull the lever on the back of the enclosure to pop the drive out.
After sliding the front bezel back on, hooking up the power supply, and jacking in to my Dell gigabit switch, I was ready to roll.
Jump to page:blog comments powered by Disqus
Open Source News
- Linux Mint Swap Banshee Affiliate Code, Take 100% of Profits
- Wayland Has Working Screensaver Support
- FreeBSD 9.0 May Just Be One Week Away
- Google Inc. Renews Firefox Search Deal
- Red Hat releases Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
- KDE Widgets: Why They Matter
- Opera 11.60 Arrives
- Racing To Finish X.Org Multi-Touch Support
- Android 4.0 For x86 Is Now Available
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Alpha 1 Released
- Dungeons of Dredmor and Introversion source code added to Bundle!
- Open-source skills best hope for landing a good job
- Xen Virtualization Comes To ARM Cortex A15
- Linux Mint 12 Released
- Ubuntu On TVs
- Diablotek Legend Computer Case
- Patriot Pyro SE Solid State Drive
- EVGA Z68 FTW Motherboard
- Antec Eleven Hundred Mid Tower Gaming Case
- Raidmax Seiran Mid-Tower
- MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC Video Card
- Roccat Kova[+] Optical USB Gaming Mouse
- ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Z68 LGA 1155 Motherboard
- Crucial Ballistix 6GB DDR3 2133 MHz RAM Triple Channel Kit
- OCZ Octane 512GB Indilinx SSD
- SteelSeries Desmo Digital Eyewear
- Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower Case
- IOCELL NetDISK 351UNE Network Storage Device
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 Low Voltage 1600MHz
- SilverStone SST-EC03 USB 3.0 PCI-E Card