StarTech.com WattSmart 750W Power Supply
Initially, I attempted to install the EPSPOW750PRO in my Thermaltake Armor Jr. case, but it proved impractical. Without removing both the CPU heatsink and all of my 5.25" drives, the power supply simply wasn't going to fit. Instead, I opted for an empty case to which I could transfer other components.
The power supply mounted to the rear of the case without an issue. There's also an extra slots near the front of the power supply (where the cables come out) that give you the ability to secure the power supply against the top of the case. This wasn't a big issue with me, so I let them be.
Even with a reasonably-sized mid-tower, the power cables are much longer than the case. Once all the components are installed, I'm going to tuck the extra cables away in the empty 5.25" drive bays, out of sight.
The various connectors worked without an issue. I found the 20/24-pin motherboard connector a little odd, as it's actually two separate pieces. Otherwise, the inside of the case looked fairly clean after everything was installed.
Next, let's look at the power supply's performance.
Jump to page:blog comments powered by Disqus
Open Source News
- Linux Mint Swap Banshee Affiliate Code, Take 100% of Profits
- Wayland Has Working Screensaver Support
- FreeBSD 9.0 May Just Be One Week Away
- Google Inc. Renews Firefox Search Deal
- Red Hat releases Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
- KDE Widgets: Why They Matter
- Opera 11.60 Arrives
- Racing To Finish X.Org Multi-Touch Support
- Android 4.0 For x86 Is Now Available
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Alpha 1 Released
- Dungeons of Dredmor and Introversion source code added to Bundle!
- Open-source skills best hope for landing a good job
- Xen Virtualization Comes To ARM Cortex A15
- Linux Mint 12 Released
- Ubuntu On TVs
- Diablotek Legend Computer Case
- Patriot Pyro SE Solid State Drive
- EVGA Z68 FTW Motherboard
- Antec Eleven Hundred Mid Tower Gaming Case
- Raidmax Seiran Mid-Tower
- MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC Video Card
- Roccat Kova[+] Optical USB Gaming Mouse
- ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Z68 LGA 1155 Motherboard
- Crucial Ballistix 6GB DDR3 2133 MHz RAM Triple Channel Kit
- OCZ Octane 512GB Indilinx SSD
- SteelSeries Desmo Digital Eyewear
- Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower Case
- IOCELL NetDISK 351UNE Network Storage Device
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 Low Voltage 1600MHz
- SilverStone SST-EC03 USB 3.0 PCI-E Card